+ATK % misleading?

Discussion in 'Technical & Bug Reports' started by Anon, 23 Mar 2017.

1. Anon

Anon New Member

23 Mar 2017
    Europe
    Hello,

first I ll state some informations i gathered. There are several ways how +ATK % are implemented:

Byorgue Card RMS Script:
    bonus2 bAddClass,Class_All,10;

Byorgue Card eAthena Default Script:
    bonus2 bAddRace,RC_NonBoss,10; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Boss,10;

5th Anniversary Coin RMS and eAthena Script:
    bonus bAtkRate,5;

Somewhere on the line somebody did a huge mistake. I can't tell if it is either a tanslation mistake from kRO to iRO assuming RMS does use official item scripts and developers of eAthena just copy and pasted the error. Or the items are meant to be " increase damage on all races " in general instead of +ATK %. Since I m not able to neither confirm nor deny that kRO made this mistake in the first place and maybe fixed it by now or RMS does have faulty scripts I can t say who made the mistake. It seems like a major variance and I might post this on eAthena GitHub as well.

Now coming to a concrete question since the implementation of +ATK % has a rather non-trivial impact on damage calculations formula, how are Rabbit Earplug / Rabbit Earmuffs implemented in EstlandRO? I assume the item is ItemID 5520, since @ii gives no entry with String Rabbit Earmuffs. According to the EstlandRO DB, assuming its validity is up to date, 5520 is no custom item. Am I correct that Rabbit Earmuffs are using the script of form bonus2 bAddRace,RC_NonBoss,4; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Boss,4;? There is also a discrepancy in tooltips comparing RMS and EstlandRO, so it is very hard for me to say what exactly the Rabbit Earmuffs change.

Thank You

2. Dark Fate

Dark Fate Game Master Staff Member

13 Feb 2015
    Admin Post
    Hi. All bonuses works fine.
    We use eAthena script version
    bonus2 bAddRace,RC_NonBoss,10; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Boss,10;

3. Anon

Anon New Member

23 Mar 2017
    Europe
    Thank you. Good to know, still bonus2 bAddRace,RC_NonBoss,10; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Boss,10; is NOT an + ATK % increase. bAtkRate is + ATK % , increase damage on every race is bonus2 bAddRace,RC_NonBoss,10; bonus2 bAddRace,RC_Boss,10;.

4. Dark Fate

Dark Fate Game Master Staff Member

13 Feb 2015
    Admin Post
    Yes, we use +5% damage on Boss and Normal monsters instead +5% atk